Thursday, October 22, 2009

...Where Credit is Due.


On the inside of Limited Vocab is written this:

'There are places where words go to die. Where our rhetoric stares shamefully into the face of suffering. In a world of promises and propositions, words alone do little to relieve suffering or bring peace. Yet there is hope, and hope is good.

These songs come from a vision of hope, sometimes dressed up as a frozen lake in the Northwoods, or as a bride on her wedding day. It's what speaks to the world at our funeral, and keeps us awake as we drive home. This unspoken language, this limited vocabulary, this voice of Revelation, speaks of another world, another kingdom. It is the language of redemption, born of hope. And hope lives where words die.'

Perhaps my closest friend in the world, Greg Richards, helped me wright that and he never got credit for it. I forgot to thank him on the CD. Greg and I have had an ongoing conversation since 2003 that has shaped me as much as anything else in my life and for that I'm grateful.

Greg is also the least musical person I've ever met (though certainly not the least artistic). That said, there is absolutely no way that record could have happened without him.

Thanks, bro.

Peace.

No comments: