Monday, December 6, 2010

Hammer Time


Not necessarily the coolest encounter of my life but it's too legit to not blog about.

My brother-in-law, Zach, and I went to the Packers-49ers game at Lambeau yesterday. Before the game we were hanging out in row one (our seats were in row 49) and watching the players warm up. Packers President Mark Murphy was near us on the field talking with the niners brass and there was a guy there completely pimped out and occasionally dancing to the stadium music in a white and brown fur coat that it looked like he had stolen off a siberian tiger, brown plaid pants, shades, and a knit hat. No one could figure out who he was but he looked famous and people were having their picture taken with him. I wanted to know so I yelled out something like, 'Hey fur coat!'. He didn't respond. I tried again. Nothing.

A guy next to us thought he looked like MC Hammer. I yelled 'Hammer!' He looked up and I called him over. He motioned for me to hold on a minute and that he would be right over. A few minutes later some niners players ran out of the tunnel and I booed them really loudly. Hammer looked at me and smiled and shook his head. I motioned him over.

Hammer: 'I ain't shakin' your hand if you keep singin' that tune.'
Me: 'Then I'll sing one of yours. Let's get a picture.'
Hammer: 'How we gonna to that?'
Me: 'I'll just lean over the rail.'
Hammer: 'No no no...Here we go...Let's do it this way.'

Then M.C. Freaking Hammer climbs up on a golf cart that was right below us and a kid next to me with a camera phone snaps the pic and emails it to me.


1 comment:

Dave and Anne said...

Funny who you run into. I met Jack Roush a couple of weeks ago at a WW2 air museum.