Wednesday, February 18, 2015

“He drew a deep breath. 'Well, I'm back,' he said.”

It's 10:09am on February 18th, 2015. My last post in here was on December 10th, 2010. The Packers were on their way to winning their second Super Bowl in my lifetime and I was still lugging sheetrock around to pay the bills. Some things have changed since then, others not so much. I am 37 years old and right now I am three blocks from my house in Chippewa Falls, WI at my office in the St. Charles and St. Peter World Headquarters where I work full-time as the Faith Formation Coordinator. I love it. I have daughters in kindergarten, first grade, and fourth grade. So things do change. However the Packers still have not won another Super Bowl. And I now hate the Seahawks. Interestingly enough, after a quick scan of my old posts there's very little I take back. Maybe this too is a sign that some things aren't changing for me, or that I'm not growing. But it could also be a sign of sustained maturity, right? If it's all the same to you I'll go with the latter.

It took some doing but I finally figured out how to login to this old account and have decided to start it back up. I had actually forgotten about its very existence. My plan is to commit to blogging my way through lent and then see where it goes from there. Today is Ash Wednesday, and I want credit for starting this project on time.

Nobody reads this blog. I'm blogging right now for my own benefit and have no intentions of broadcasting its existence on Facebook or anywhere else. If you've stumbled across this it was by accident. Welcome. I'll try to keep the whining at a minimum.

No comments: